Camping Supply List
Kevin and I love going camping. Ever since we moved to a rural area surrounded by rivers and mountains, we don’t go nearly as often as we used to, but we try to get out in the wilderness at least a couple of times every year.
Before living in the mountains, we’d go camping so often that we could be packed up and on the road within 15 – 20 minutes of deciding to go, and I’ve kept a camping supply list updated across my devices for several years to remind me of anything in need of updates or replacing.
This way even while we are camping, if we think of something we wish we’d brought, I can update the supply list on my cell phone, and it gets added to our supplies on the next trip!
After our recent camping trip, (I am still dreaming of more camping) I thought I’d share my camping supply list with you.
Always make sure someone knows where you will be and when to expect you back.
Any of our absolute camping essentials are kept ready to go in a large waterproof tote.
Camping Supply List:
- Large waterproof tote
- foam, cot, air mattress, insulated tarp
- ropes, extra pegs, large nails
- lighter, barbecue lighter, waterproof matches
- compass, gps, mapbook
- lantern, mantles and fuel
- flashlights, batteries
- propane burner, cook stove, grills, charcoal, fuel
- duct/tuck tape, scissors
- basic tool box – hammer, screwdriver, wrenches
- car jack, tire repair kit, spare tire, oil, jumper cables
- axe, hatchet, saw, shovel
- firewood, kindling
Safety & Hygiene
- up to date first aid kit
- whistle, flares, bear spray
- bug spray, sunscreen
- medications, pain killers
- epi-pen, benadryl
- bathroom tissue
- toiletries – wet wipes, toothpaste & toothbrush, hair brush, hair clips/elastics, feminine products, razor, wash cloth, chapstick, deodorant, soap, nail clippers, dry shampoo, shampoo/conditioner
- towels, wash cloth
- hand sanitizer
Dishes & Cooking
- plates, bowls, cups
- large pot, pans
- tongs, spatula, large knife, large serving spoon, ladle, can opener
- biodegradable dish soap, sponge/dish cloth, tea towels
- paper towels, aluminum foil, plastic wrap
- ziplock baggies, containers
- garbage bags
- coffee pot
- cutting board
- coolers, ice
- food – meat, eggs, milk, vegetables, onions, garlic, potatoes, bread/buns, condiments
- snacks – popcorn, marshmallows, trail mix, dry soup mix, licorice, sunflower seeds
- spices, salt, pepper, butter
- coffee, whitener, sugar
- hot chocolate, tea, drink mix
- blankets, pillows
- clothes – rain gear, pajamas, comfortable clothing, jacket, swim suit, hat
- extra socks and shoes, flip flops/sandals
- bags for dirty/wet clothes & shoes
- pen & paper
- cards & crib board
- radio, cds
- fishing rods
- tackle box
Blankets & Clothing
I hope this helps you plan your trip!
You can purchase Camping Supplies through my affiliate partner, Amazon.