Bacon, Leek & Potato Soup2015-04-30
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
- 4 medium potatoes, wash and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cooking onion, cut small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, quartered and sliced thin. Use white and light green/yellow part of stalk.
- 1 stalk celery, cut small
- 1 lb. bacon, cut in cubes
- 2 tbsps. chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tbsps. beef bouillon powder
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary
Prepare vegetables and set aside.
In large soup pot, fry bacon until it begins to brown. Do not drain grease.
Add spices and prepared onion, garlic, leeks, and celery. Reduce heat to medium low and sweat 5 minutes.
Add potatoes and sweat 5 minutes.
Combine water with bouillon powders and add to pot. Stir to combine for 1 minute.
Reduce to simmer and cook until tender.
Garnish with finely sliced leeks and fresh cracked black pepper.