Roasted Spaghetti Squash Seeds2014-10-26
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
A friend of ours grows a rather large plot of spaghetti squash. Him and his wife give us several of them every year.
Last year we had a cold storage, but this year I had to prep the squash to be frozen, and I absolutely hate to waste anything, so decided to try out roasted spaghetti squash seeds.
They are SOOOOOO good!!! My husband and I both like them better than pumpkin seeds! They have almost a peanut buttery taste, but also mildly sweet. Add some spices on them and WOW they are GOOD!
- I only got about 1/2 cup of seeds per squash. But they could be frozen and saved up for a larger batch if you don’t happen to have half a dozen of them at a time! Or just make in small batches.
- It is a bit more work removing all the pulp then it normally is with a pumpkin. I emphasize a bit, it’s not too bad.
- OMG good!!!
- Simple to make and store.
- Healthy Snack Food!
- Flavor them any way you like!
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti squash seeds
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil (or whatever you prefer)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. each: salt, pepper, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, dried chilli pepper, cajun spice, chilli powder
Remove seed from squash, wash and drain. You will get about 1/2 cup seeds per spaghetti squash.
Toss seeds with oil and spices.
Spread evenly on baking sheet and bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until done.
Flip seeds a couple times while roasting.
Allow to cool completely before storing in airtight container.