Water Kefir “Food”2014-07-05
It’s not much different than your average water kefir mix, but gives the SCOBY some extra nutrients and minerals to help it multiply. It can still be flavored and drank as usual.
- 1/4 cup sugar (white or evaporated cane juice)
- 1 qt. dechlorinated water
- 3 - 4 tbsps. water kefir grains
- 1 tsp. molasses
- pinch of sea salt or other high quality salt
- 1/4 of a farm fresh, washed egg shell from a trusted source
In glass jar or container, using sterilized non-reactive equipment, add all ingredients except kefir grains.
Stir thoroughly to dissolve sugar, add kefir grains.
Cover jar using cheesecloth, coffee filter or tea towel held on with an elastic or jar ring.
Leave at room temperature for 2 days, strain grains and use for next batch.
Flavor kefir or drink as is.